Saturday, February 4, 2012

Things I Love

There are a lot of things I have been loving lately so I thought maybe I should just start a featured post that I do fairly often showing things I own, things I want, and things I need that I am really loving right now. Maybe then someone may possibly comment?  
(Pretty please! With sugar and a cherry on top? Just one comment!)

 

A mattress and frame are desperately needed. Right now my fiance's and my bed frame is broken, which allow the slats to constantly come out and cause the whole mattress (and the person laying on it) to fall through the bed. Oh and the mattress is about 4" thick and came off our old futon. Lovely. This Essentia Eco-friendly Natural Memory Foam mattress is music to my ears, and relief for my poor aching back. We are saving for one now and will hopefully gets one by the middle of the year.
 

After reading about how oils can help with acne and scarring I have been wanting to try some out but it needed to smell good,
(Have you ever smelled Tamaru Oil? No? Don't. I tried to put some on my hand and couldn't stand it for more than a minute before I had to wash it off) 
was organic, and wouldn't break the bank. This oil fit the bill being only smelling a little odd but not bad or overpowering, was organic and only $5.39 for 1oz at my work. So far so good. Even my oily skin soaks this right up without being any oiler and makes my skin glow.

Another thing apart from the mattress desperately needed is I need a new car. I have a car now but the fact that it runs is negotiable and its safety as this point is non-existent. I really love sporty cars. 
Like if you own a newer Chevy Camaro you better get a restraining order because you may find me fondling your car.
At the same time I really want to get a more eco friendly car though I can't stand the way most of them look (don't get me started on the Prius or Insight please). And of course price is also an issue. My dream for next year to be able to get this car. At 35 city and 40 hwy, part electric and eco features to help you save gas this is the pretty little house step between sport car and hybrid.
 
One of the girls at my work who also brings her lunch always brings these in and they are just too cute. Sustainable bamboo utensils all attached to a clip are a wonderful little utensil set to have on hand. Since I have to order my fiances birthday present (shh, don't tell him) I am going to order one of these too so I never go without silverware at work again.
 
What have you all been loving that you have/want/need lately?

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I am also looking for a new bed and I've heard of the chemicals a lot of the memory foam brands use for their mattress' so a more of an environmental option is what I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a nice piece of thought that's really helpful for us because shortly i looking forward to by rubber latex mattresses

    ReplyDelete